Browse and download our factsheets in Japanese

Funding schemes for continence products


For some people, it is necessary to use continence products such as pads, pants, catheters, urine drainage bags or bedding protection products to manage their condition. For some people, the continence products may be needed long term. Consequently, the cost of these products becomes very expensive, putting unreasonable pressure on the household budget.


A continence clinic or the National Continence Helpline can provide you with contact details for suppliers of continence products. They can also provide you with information about your eligibility for funding schemes, which may assist with the ongoing costs of purchasing and replacing continence products.


An assessment by a continence nurse advisor is recommended to ensure that you or the person you are caring for uses the most appropriate continence product, including the correct fit and application of the product.


There are various funding schemes available for continence products funded by the Australian Government. These schemes have differing eligibility criteria and funding allocations, and it is important to note is that you may be eligible to apply for government funding through several schemes. Australian Government funding schemes are open to all Australian citizens who meet the eligibility criteria, regardless of which state of Australia they live in.


Continence Aids Payment Scheme (CAPS)


The Continence Aids Payment Scheme (CAPS) is available to people aged five years and over, with permanent and severe incontinence due to:


  • neurological conditions such as paraplegia, cerebral palsy, multiple sclerosis, spina bifida , dementia or permanent and severe intellectual impairment
  • other causes such as radiation therapy, certain cancers, prostate disease or prolapse and have a valid Centrelink Pensioner Concession Card (if they are under 16 years of age, their parent/guardian holds a Pensioner Concession Card).


To apply you will need to complete a CAPS application form, which includes a Health Report from your medical practitioner or continence nurse about your condition.


Eligible CAPS clients receive a payment of $521.00 for the 2012-13 financial year (indexed annually) for continence products.


You are NOT eligible for CAPS if:


  • your incontinence is not permanent or can be treated with an existing conservative treatment regime, medication or surgery
  • you are a high care resident in an Australian Government funded aged care home
  • you are eligible for assistance with continence aids under the Department of Veterans’ Affairs Rehabilitation Appliances Program (RAP), or
  • you receive an Australian Government funded Extended Aged Care Home Package (EACH Package) or an Extended Aged Care at Home Dementia Package (EACH D Package).


Contact Medicare Australia on 132 011 (select general enquiries option) to obtain a CAPS application form. Further information on CAPS and eligibility criteria is also available from the Australian Government Bladder and Bowel website


Department of Veterans’ Affairs – Rehabilitation Appliances Program (RAP)


The Commonwealth Department of Veterans’ Affairs (DVA) provides a range of incontinence products to eligible veterans and war widows via the Rehabilitation Appliances Program (RAP). If you are an entitled veteran or war widow, you can access support if you:


  • hold a Gold Card (eligible for treatment of all conditions whether or not they are related to war service)
  • hold a White Card and the incontinence is a result of a specific accepted disability
  • have been assessed by a health professional as requiring products for incontinence, or
  • require products as part of your overall health care management.

Gold and White Card holders are not eligible if they are residents receiving high level aged care.

A form requesting the incontinence products is filled out by the assessing doctor or health professional. It is then sent to an authorised product supplier on behalf of the client.

For all enquiries relating to the Rehabilitation Appliances Program please call the National Continence Contract Team at the Department of Veterans’ Affairs on 1300 131 945.


Other funding schemes


There is also a range of state/territory government funding schemes available. For more information please contact the National Continence Helpline 1800 33 00 66. If you have any English language difficulties you can contact the Helpline by using the telephone interpreter service. Call 13 14 50. At first, a person will answer the call in English, name the language you speak and wait on the phone. You will be connected to an interpreter who speaks your language, then tell them you want to call the National Continence Helpline on 1800 33 00 66. Wait on the phone to be connected and the interpreter will assist you to speak with a continence nurse advisor. Telephone interpreter services are provided free of charge to you.



一部の方は、症状 に対処 するためにパッド、パンツ、カテーテル、尿用排液袋、または寝具類のカバーなどの、失禁用品を使用する必要があります。その場合、失禁用品が長期間にわたり必要となります。その結果、これらの用品にかかるコストが非常に高価になるため、家計にかなりの負担がかかります。











失禁支援支払い制度 (CAPS)


失禁支援支払い制度 (CAPS)は、以下の原因で永続的かつ深刻な失禁症状を患っている、5 歳以上の人が利用できます。


  • パラプレジア、脳性まひ、多発性硬化症、 脊椎披裂 、認知症、または永続的かつ深刻な知的障害 などの神経学的疾患
  • 放射線療法、ある種の癌、前立腺の病気または(臓器の)脱出などの原因があり、かつ有効な Centrelink 年金受給者割引カード( 16 歳未満の場合、親 / 保護者が年金受給者割引カードを保持)を持っている。



お申込みになるには、 CAPS申請フォームをご記入になる必要があります。これには、症状に関する医療従事者または失禁看護師からの診断書も必要です。


手当を受ける資格のある CAPS の利用者は、 2012 2013年会計年度(物価スライド式)に、失禁用品のための手当 521ドルをお受け取りになります。


以下の場合に CAPSの利用資格はありません :

  • 失禁が不治ではない、または従来の治療、医薬品、または外科手術によって治療することができる
  • オーストラリア政府が資金提供する老人介護施設の重度介護対象者である
  • 退役軍人
  • 省リハビリテーション器具プログラム ( Department of Veterans’ Affairs Rehabilitation Appliances Program ) に基づいて、失禁支援を受ける資格がある
  • オーストラリア政府が資金提供する、拡張老人介護施設パッケージ EACH>パッケージ または拡張自宅老人介護認知症パッケージ EACH D パッケージ を受け取っている


CAPS申請書をお受け取るになるには、メディケアオーストラリア (Medicare Australia)まで 連絡ください。電話番号: 132 011 (一般照会オプションを選択) CAPS>の詳細情報と利用資格の基準については、 政府による排尿および排便に関する Web サイト (Bladder and control) にも記載されています。


Department of Veterans’ Affairs – リハビリテーション器具プログラム (RAP)


連邦政府の Department of Veterans’ Affairs,(DVA)は、利用資格のある退役軍人および戦争未亡人の方ためにリハビリテーション器具プログラム (RAP)を通じて、さまざまな失禁用品を提供しています。以下をお持ちの場合、サービスにアクセスすることができます。



  • ゴールドカード(兵役に関係しているかどうかに関わらず、すべての病状の治療に利用できる)を保持している
  • ホワイトカードを保持しており、特定の承認済みの障害の結果として失禁が発生している
  • 失禁用品が必要であると、医療従事者に診断されてた
  • 一般的な健康管理の一部として、失禁用品が必要である






リハビリテーション器具プログラムに関連するお問い合わせは、 Department of Veterans’ Affairsの全国失禁契約チームまで電話してください( 1300 131 945 )。





/ 準州政府による資金提供制度も多数あります。 詳細については、全国失禁ヘルプライン( National Continence Helpline 1800 33 00 66 まで連絡してください。 英語での会話が困難な方は、電話通訳サービス( 131 450)を利用してヘルプラインに連絡してください。

まず、オペレーターが英語で電話に出るので、「 Japanese(日本語)」と伝えてお待ちください。日本語の通訳に電話がつながるので、 National Continence Helpline 1800 33 00 66 )に電話をしたいと伝えます。電話がつながるまで待ち、通訳者を介して失禁看護アドバイザーと話します。電話通訳サービスは、無料で利用できます。 .



Last Updated: Wed 30, Jun 2021
Last Reviewed: Sun 29, Mar 2020