Please note that there are a number of external directories available to help you locate health professionals involved in continence care.

Many of these service providers require a written referral from a General Practitioner (GP), and we recommend speaking to your doctor or a Nurse Continence Specialist on the National Continence Helpline (1800 33 00 66) to help determine the most suitable health professional / service provider to meet your needs. Alternatively, you can visit our Service Providers Directory for a continence service near you.

These directories include: 

Australian Association of Stomal Therapy Nurses
Find a stomal therapy nurse

The Australian Physiotherapy Association
Find a physiotherapist

The Dietitians Association of Australia
Find a dietitian

The Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists
Find a women's health doctor

Colorectal Surgical Society of Australia and New Zealand 
Find a colorectal surgeon


Last Updated: Thu 18, Apr 2024
Last Reviewed: Fri 17, Apr 2020