On this page
The Continence Consumer Network (CCN) has been established to partner with consumers to enhance consumer participation in the Foundation’s decision-making process. The CCN will be steered by the health promotion team.
The CCN will expand the Foundation’s ability to understand the needs and perspectives of a diverse range of consumers to ensure that its work is person-centered and reflects the community’s needs.
- A person with lived experience of incontinence
- A carer of a person with lived experience of incontinence
- A community-based organisation that is affiliated with improving the lives of people experiencing incontinence
- An organisation that supports people at risk of incontinence
We encourage the following people to join the CCN:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait islander people and communities
- Culturally and linguistically diverse communities
- People with disabilities
- Older Australians
- People with lived experience of mental illness
- LGBTQIA+ communities
- Regional, rural, and remote communities
- Children and some young people (parental supervision required)
- Provide insight into the issues relating to incontinence and its effects on daily living
- Give recommendations on behalf of other consumers to improve incontinence care.
- Advocate on behalf of people experiencing incontinence
- Support the Foundation's vision and mission
- Support the Foundation's campaigns and activities
- Give feedback and recommendations to improve the Foundation services
- Provide media interviews
- Connect and partner with like-minded organisations
Opportunities exist for involvement based on individual time and flexibility.
- Share your personal stories
- Work with our team to improve outcomes and advocate for people experiencing incontinence
- Increase awareness and reduce the stigma of incontinence
- Personal and professional development opportunities
- Recognition of your contributions
- Membership to the Foundation
- Invitation to events and activities