Thu 18, Jun 2020
Pelvic floor-modified workout you can do at home
Pick up your mat and dumbbells - because that’s all you need for our home workout! This workout has been especially created with the pelvic floor in mind.
To customise and save your own workout, head to the Pelvic Floor First web app.
Start with low impact cardio (6-9 minutes)
- Side-taps – raise your arms sideways. To increase intensity, bend your supporting knee. Avoid bouncing.
- Heel digs.
- Walking on the spot - keep your back straight and engage your pelvic floor.
- Basic swing.
1. Bench press (2 minutes)
Lie on your back with knees bent and holding weights above your chest, engaging your core and pelvic floor. Bending your elbows, take your hands out and downwards, then press them back up.
2. Wall pushup (2 minutes)
Stand with your hands at the wall, level with your shoulders. Keep shoulders down and core engaged. Maintain a straight body as you bend and straighten your elbows.
3. All four arms only (1 minute 45 seconds)
On all fours, engage your core and pelvic floor. Keep your back straight and stable as you raise alternating arms. Hold each raise for three breaths.
4. All four legs only (1 minute 45 seconds)
On all fours, engage your core and pelvic floor. Keep your back straight and stable as you raise alternating legs. Hold each raise for three breaths.
5. Bridging (1 minute 45 seconds)
Lie on your back with your knees bent and feet close to your hips. Squeeze your gluteal muscles as you raise and lower your hips. Keep your neck and arms relaxed.
1. Quadricep stretch (1 minute – 30 seconds each side)
2. Calf stretch (1 minute – 30 seconds each side)
3. Chest stretch (30 seconds)
4. Child’s pose (30 seconds)
5. Lower back stretch (30 seconds)