Wed 29, May 2019
The National Public Toilet Map (the Toilet Map) shows the location of more than 16,000 public and private public toilet facilities across Australia. It is available online (toiletmap.gov.au), as an iphone app or on mobile phones with internet browsers.
The Toilet Map also provides useful information about each toilet, such as location, opening hours, availability of baby change rooms, accessibility for people with disabilities and the details of other nearby toilets.
The Toilet Map helps improve the independence and quality of life for the estimated 4.8 million Australians who are affected by incontinence by providing:
- the location of the nearest public toilet
- details of opening hours, accessibility, parking and other features
- the capacity to plan toilet breaks for short or long journeys
- the ability to save toilet information and trip plans
- access anytime using a mobile phone
It is also convenient for carers, people with young families and those holidaying or travelling to new locations.
To use the Toilet Map:
- browse the map in a particular State/Territory
- search for toilets by postcode, town or suburb, near a specific address or location such as a sports ground
- plan a trip with the Trip Planner and enter your starting and end address to get a turn by turn description for the quickest route and the toilets along the way.