Other languages

Forum home Register Login

Search the forum:  

Cant get a continence assesment done

Number of views of this thread: 81

Return to Living with incontinence forum

sjpersonal

Been trying to get a continece assesment for products for years now NSW Health and product suppilers have never returned calls or told me to wait until after NDIS,

Now I have NDIS NSW Health refuses all the places the continence hotline have gave me have either refused as funded by NSW government due to NDIS or age or area product suppilers have quoted me $700 for 4 hours (2hrs assessment and 2 hrs for report at $175 per hour) which my NDIS Support Coordinator tells me I cant afford and to go without (even though I explain I have issues with the products I have been wearing hence trying for years to get assesment) as the budget it will come out of only has $6000 for the 12 months which needs to cover OT (175 per hour) pyschologist(175 per hour) and Physio ($75 per session).

Not sure what to do as no one knows for sure what is causing my bladder issues as I was lost through the NSW Health system part way through tests and GP never sent me back to urologist (but issues started when I had issus with L5 impingement with Sciatica)  

Yazzie

Dear sjpersonal,

Thank you for your post and I apologise for the late response but I have been discussing your case with my colleagues.

I hear the frustration you are having with the systems that you have to navigate to get help. I have noted that you have contacted the forum previously and can I suggest that you phone the National Continence Helpline and ask to speak with the NCHL Manger to discuss your case further. I know talking through your experience with an experienced Continence Nurse will provide you with the help you need. Please call NCHL on 1800 33 00 66, they are open Monday to Friday 8am to 8pm.

Cheers

Yazzie

sjpersonal

ah thank you  

Yazzie

Hi sjpersonal,Please call the NCHL again and ask to speak with the Manager of the Helpline.Yazzie  

Reply to this thread

Return to Living with incontinence forum