Other languages

Forum home Register Login

Search the forum:  

10 Things That Can Make Incontinence Worse

Number of views of this thread: 96

Return to Living with incontinence forum

Yazzie

This article was posted on the CFA Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/AusContinence/

Chocolate? Spicy foods? Happy hour? There may be some dietary mainstays that aren't so good for your bowel and bladder health: http://bit.ly/1gHrGDp

Happy reading

Yazzie

bluetrain

I read the post on the tinds that make icontinance worse.
 I was told as a young oerson 28 that i was drinking too much coffee at night. I was assisting at a recording and demo studio and we use to go through 3 to 4 11 cup coffee machines in the evening. At the  most we had 6 people in the room. A visit to the GP staed that don't you know that coffee causes bedwetting! I cut back after that and reduced the coffee intake. Now I might have 3 - 4 Esspresse cups per week. either as Latte or Cappacino. I do drink tea but mostly Rooibos tea whixh has no coffiene and very little Tannin in it.
 My main continance problems occrred after my stroke. A minor one but it did affect my bladder and bowel control.. Bowel control has improved since I stopped taking the Metformin tablet and also increase my fibre intake. I do use metemusin as a supplement bu the Dr wants me to increas Live fibre intake / Fruits Vegatables and cerelal. The table of fibre was very intersting.
Continace triggers are coming home and putting bthe key in the door. It alsways works! The nurse told me to sut in the car until the urge goes away but when I get out of it again I still have a strong urge. Walking home from the Railway station only cuases problems when I reach the front door, my front door no one elses!.
Unless my bladder is filling quickly I get very little warning. Even if i try to voiud befroe I start my journey very little and with great difficuly. I believe the bladder and the brain don'talk to each other properluy!
Onjnhr thing I have noticed is a tablet I take for diabetes is Forxiga. This nworks when you blood sugar level goes higher that normalo by flushi9ng the sugar out through thre kidneys. It cause a large intake of water and frequent urination. On thnepositive side I get more waring of a full bladder. The urologist I sea things it might be the bladedr is filling rapidly due to the action of Forxiga. He wanted to get me off it but it works for me in a strange way. I i eat a piece of cream cake (out of site of my GP) then I amd usually looking for water and toilet within  a half hour. Normal bllod sugar levels no problem bevause that tablet doesn't do anything.
I am living a normal life but I wear pads because as the bladder gets full I start leaking, befroe I get the brain warnintg.
Best wishes and thanks for the link, it was interesting,

Bluetrain  

Reply to this thread

Return to Living with incontinence forum