Other languages

Forum home Register Login

Search the forum:  

How do men do Pelvic Floor Muscle Exercises?

Number of views of this thread: 110

Return to Living with incontinence forum

Yazzie

I have just seen a great YouTube video on how men do Pelvic Muscle Exercises. The link to it here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHwVglPQR_w

Please let me know what you think of it and if you have any comments.

Cheers Yazzie  

bluetrain

I watched thi video at 3am but could not repond  due to technical reasons.
Firstly a very well put to guide for men. I have practised pelvic floor exercises with limited success in the outcome. I have not tried the Crunches because that has always been a trigger to let go. Due to my problem being related to lack of communication between the brain and the bladdere it was not the answer. I had a mild stroke in 2005 but I came out of it very well apart from balance and bladder control. .. I have urge incontinace and don't always get warings of a full bladder in time. I have about 2 minutes to get to the toilet. I can cope with this at home and usually ok in places where toilets are close by. The more tired I am the less control I have to the extent that I cannot stop when voiding. Most urges occur while driving and the  usual one, the key in the door!
I am under the care of a Urologist and a continance nurse. Yes I am doing OK and getting on with life.
I will reccomend that video to the men that I am supporting and encouraging. I live in a retiement community and have given several talks on incontinence to men's groups. Yes Me can still play bowls and walk etc.
 I was aske has the incontinence held me back? No I ams still enjoing life. Th only downside is I have to carry spare pads with me!
Bluetrain  

Yazzie

Dear Bluetrain,

Thanks for the feedback. I have found more Videos on various topics that may be of help at the address below.

https://www.youtube.com/user/ContinenceFoundation/playlists

Cheers Yazzie

Reply to this thread

Return to Living with incontinence forum