Clinical Services Manager
Work Type: Part-Time
- Exciting opportunity to demonstrate your advanced clinical leadership skills at a national level
- Key leadership role in an established national health peak body
- Work in a dynamic and strategic environment
The Continence Foundation of Australia provides support and advice to over 5 million Australians affected by, or at risk of, bladder and bowel control problems and acts as an advocate for their interests. As the national peak body, the Foundation exists to serve all Australians by promoting bladder and bowel health.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Clinical Services Manager to join the Foundation on an initial 12-month fixed-term contract. Reporting to the CEO, the successful candidate will lead the management of the National Continence Helpline (NCHL) and provide effective leadership and advanced clinical expertise to support other programs and projects that the Continence Foundation delivers. In this senior leadership role, you will be responsible for driving quality clinical practice in the NCHL and across the organisation, while helping grow services in line with the strategic direction of the organisation.
Ultimately, it is about the right person, therefore, we are flexible to negotiate specific working hours!
Key responsibilities include:
- Management of the National Continence Helpline, including clinical supervision and leadership, quality initiatives, and developing and fostering a supportive and effective team.
- Providing regular reports on performance of the NCHL to senior management, the CFA Board and the Department of Health.
- Providing clinical leadership to new projects and practice changes.
- Providing expert clinical advice and input to support the development and delivery of other Foundation resources and projects.
Key Requirements for the Role
To be successful in this role, you will be able to demonstrate excellent leadership skills and have great clinical experience within the continence sector. You will be confident managing teams, communicating effectively across all levels of the organisation and very comfortable helping your team navigate through an evolving and rapidly changing health sector.
Ideally you will have:
- Minimum six years post-graduate clinical nursing or allied health experience
- Minimum three-year clinical continence experience (recent within past year/ current)
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills
- High level verbal and written communication skills, including appropriate telephone skills and manner
- Proven interpersonal and people skills
- Ability to establish and maintain sustainable working relationships
- Proven clinical leadership, with the ability to influence care delivery systems, advice and information content at an organisational and operational level
- Demonstrated financial skills including the ability to set and monitor budgets.
What we offer
- A fantastic working environment and work-life balance.
- An inclusive and supportive team culture.
- Competitive salary package with attractive packaging benefits.
- Inner Eastern Melbourne location with ample parking and public transport.
If this exciting opportunity appeals to you, please apply by emailing your resume and accompanying cover letter. Should you have any questions or like to request a copy of the Position Description, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that applications without a cover letter and/or applications through recruitment agencies will not be considered at this stage. Also, due to the volume of applications, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted and applications will be assessed as received. As such, the Foundation reserves the right to withdraw the advert before the end date if a suitable applicant is found.
Nurse continence Specialist
- National helpline
- Casual positions available
- Melbourne eastern Suburbs location
Are you an experienced Nurse Continence Specialist with a passion for using your knowledge to help improve the lives of people experiencing incontinence?
The Continence Foundation of Australia is the national peak body focusing on advocating and providing information, advice and support to the 5 million Australians who experience bladder and bowel health issues.
The Commonwealth funded National Continence Helpline is staffed by expert Nurse Continence Specialist and is an essential component of the advice and support we provide to both the community and to health professionals.
Your strong continence management experience enables you to provide telephone advisory services for the management of urinary and faecal incontinence to consumers, carers and health professionals. Your flexibility allows you to be available for occasional casual shifts between the hours of 8am and 8pm Monday to Friday. You are enthusiastic, willing to learn and enjoy being part of a close team delivering a quality service, with a passion for improving quality of life for people experiencing continence issues.
For further information and a position description, please contact us on 03 8692 8400 or email email@example.com.
Please submit your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: Nurse Continence Specialist.