NSW Continence Promotions Centre
The Continence Promotion Centre is the NSW branch of the Continence Foundation of Australia. We are dedicated to raising awareness and supporting people in preventing, managing and treating continence related issues.
Download the NSW Continence Promotion Centre brochure here.
Download the NSW Continence Promotion Outreach Program flyer here.
How can the Continence Promotion Centre help you?
- Outreach program: This is a part-time clinical service where an experienced nurse can come to your home to assess continence related issues. This service is free for those living in the Penrith, Hawkesbury, Blue Mountains areas and prioritises the frail aged and those with disabilities.
- Bedwetting clinic: Do you have a child aged between 5-18 years who loses control of their bladder or bowel? Make an appointment with our experienced nurse who can create a management plan to help treat childhood incontinence. Like our bedwetting Facebook page to keep up to date.
- Guest speakers: Health professionals can come and speak to your community group to raise awareness of the simple lifestyle that can improve and prevent incontinence.
- Education: Educational events can be planned for health professionals such as physiotherapists, nurses and GPs and can cover a variety of continence related topics. These may count towards professional development points.
- Resources: A variety of resources are available for both the public and health professional.There are pamphlets, books, fact sheets, journal articles and videos and most of these resources are free of charge.
- Health Promotion: Our Health Promotion Officer can attend community events, expos and forums to help increase awareness of continence related issues.
- Referrals: Most continence services within NSW are registered with the Continence Foundation. If you need to know what services are close to you then contact us.
The Continence Foundation of Australia in NSW
Click here for driving directions and location map.